Seeing (or knowing) what truly it is.
It is a pen and not a pen at the same time.
It is a pen when you see in that way.
It is not a pen when you see in that way.
It is neither a pen nor not a pen.
He is good and bad at the same time.
He is good when you see him in that way.
He is bad when you see him in that way.
He is neither good nor bad.
It is pleasure and displeasure at the same time.
It is neither pleasure nor displeasure.
We are alive because of death of others.
Everything is here. Everything is useful only if you know how to use them.
We are always touching the universe. All our ancestors here. Chickens, cows and fish are here too.
We get fruits of our actions. We are having fruits of our past actions, and will get the fruits of our actions.
Knowing why you are here.
Knowing why you’re reading.
Knowing why you’re thinking.
Knowing why you are breathing.
Knowing why you like or dislike.
Knowing why (you think) it is a pen.
Knowing why he/she is good or bad.
Knowing why things are the way it is.
Knowing how to use what you see what you hear and what you have in your mind.
Knowing what truly it is.
Believing to know something you don’t know.
Just like too much vitamin A in the body produces harmful effects, preoccupation of I my me mine produces harmful effects.
A man prays for his good health and then taking poison, days after days, years after years.
The god recovers his health days after days, years after years. However the man’s health doesn’t improve and he wonders why.
No teaching is higher or deeper than what you’re currently seeing whether it is a tree, an ocean, sky or a bird.
A great power is the ability to just see phenomena (as they are).
A great power is the ability to make a free choice rather than be chosen.
A great power is the ability to see what truly is rather than what you think is.
These powers are a genuine life changer with the inner transformation (called awakening), liberating us from pain such as craving and delusion.
A man insists that he is right and others are wrong. The man is like insisting all other photos taken from various angles are wrong except his photo after seeing other photos taken by a group of people who shot a sunflower in the center.
A man believes a thought of a bird is a bird. The man is like believing a photo of a bird is a bird.
A man believes to know something he does not know.
A man doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.
A man has eyes and ears but can’t see and can’t hear.
A man does not know he is eating while eating.
A man does not know he is walking while walking.
A man does not know he is thinking while thinking.
He eats and thinks and walks without his free will, is like a servant or machine.
- Two Ways: A way to the light. A way to the darkness.
- Two kinds of life directions: Heading to awakening. Heading to sleep (obliviousness).
- Two kinds of life destinies. One learns to become free. The other becomes a learning example.
- Two kinds of people: One wants to awake. The other wants to remain in sleep.
- Teachers and learners: one teaches other by living example (of painful life). The other to learn from the person.
- Two ways of knowing. Accept the words of others. See on your own.
- The two kinds of knowing: Knowing something that can be defined by words or Knowing something that can not be defined by such means.
- Two ways to have money. Follow money. Let the money follow you.
- Two kinds of workers. One who follows money and the other whom money follows. The former gets stress and anxiety while the latter gets joy.
- Two kinds of people: Living in freedom. Living in (invisible) prison.
- Two kinds of teachers. The one teaches to benefit learners. The other teaches for his gain.
- Two kinds of food: A food that was produced to benefit the eater. The other food that was produced to benefit the producer.
- Two ways to deal with a problem. symptoms or causes.
- Two kinds of teachings. Leading you to the liberation. Leading you to the other direction.
- Two kinds of actions. An action that brings pain is called painful action. An action that brings liberation is called liberating action.
Life is possible because of death. Death is possible because of life.
There is no enemy to hate or fight. (If someone insists in finding one, it is an error in the mind.)
Written by Sung Yang in 2016. Revised in July 2017