The ten contradictions that prevent our minds from seeing things as they are and cause pain in our lives.
- Believing to know what one does not know.
- The body is here while the mind is elsewhere.
- Wanting no pain while doing actions that will bring pain.
- Wanting what one can not have.
- Cherishing oneself while not cherishing others.
- Coming into this world empty-handed and received so much but discontent and not even knowing what received.
- Acting as if one will live forever while heading to death.
- Wanting to gain from others but have no interest in benefiting them.
- Seeing faults of others while blinding to one’s own faults.
Believing a viewpoint of oneself is correct while believing viewpoints of others are wrong.