– Host: UC San Diego School of Medicine
– Date: February 4th and 5th, 2012.
– Cost: $350
– Venue: UC San Diego School of Medicine (2251 San Diego Ave., A-160 San Diego, CA 92110-2981)
– Five keynote speakers from different disciplines will present on relevant topics from the perspectives of their specialties. It is intended that these talks will create dialogue amongst participants and inspire those to continue to move this field forward.
– “The Mindful Child: Teaching the New ABCs of Attention, Balance and Compassion” by Susan Kaiser-Greenland, founder of Inner Kids
– “Managing the Caveman Brain in the 21st Century” by Rick Hanson, author of The Buddha’s Brain.
– “From Dazed and Distracted to Attentive and Calm: What the Neuroscience of Mindfulness Reveals” by Amishi Jha, psychologist and neuroscience researcher.
– “Courage in Schools: Connecting Hearts and Minds in the Adult Community” by Pamela Siegle and Chip Wood, educators and affiliated with Courage & Renewal Northeast
– Cutting edge mindfulness programs and interventions will be shared through a multitude of break-out sessions over this inaugural two-day conference.
– Optional 3.5 hour intensive training workshops on select key mindfulness programs will be available to delve deeper into this work after the formal program comes to a close on Sunday at noon.