Mountain Pleasant Community Centre
· Fri 6 pm- 7:30 pm, June 10-july 22: Stress Reduction with Mindfulness
· Fri 7:45 PM – 9:45 PM, July 8- 22: Mindfulness Level 2, $32.
Kerrisdale Community Centre
Registration 604 257 8100
· Tue 7-45pm-9:45pm, july5-july 19: Mindfulness Level 1
· Tue 7-45pm-9:45pm, july 26 –aug 16: Mindfulness Level 2
· Tue 6pm-7:30pm, July 5- Aug 16: Stress Reduction with Mindfulness
· Sat 9am- 4pm, Aug 20: Mindfulness Workshop (retreat), $25
Douglas Park Community Centre
Registration (604) 257-81300
· Wed, 7-8pm, july 7, Mindfulness Introduction
· Wed, 7-8pm, july 14, Mindful Eating
· Wed, 7-8pm, july 21, Mindful Walking
· Wed, 7-9pm, july 28-aug 18 (no class aug 11), Mindfulness Level 1
Britannia Community Centre/ High School
Registration (604) 718-5800
· Sat noon-4:30pm, july 9, Mindfulness Level 1
· Sat noon-4:30pm, july 16, Mindfulness Level 2
· Sat noon-4:30pm, July 23 Aug 6, Stress Reduction with Mindfulness
Dunbar Community Centre
Registration (604) 222-6060
· Wed 6:30-9pm, july 6-july 20: Stress Reduction with Mindfulness
· Wed 7-9pm, july 27, aug 3, aug 17: Mindfulness Level 1
Hamilton Community Centre
Registration (604) 718-8055
· Monday 7-8pm, July 18: Introduction to Mindfulness
Surrey Zen Centre
14069 104th Avenue Surrey, BC V3T 1X4
· 10 AM- 2:30PM, July 2: A Half Day Mindfulness Retreat
White Rock Community Centre
· Sat 9:30-11am, July 9: Mindfulness Practice
· Sat 9:30-11am, July 16: Mindful Eating
· Sat 9:30-11am, July 23: Mindful Walking
Cameron Recreation Complex
· Thu 10:30 am-11:30 am, June 26: Mindfulness Introduction
Our lives are mostly spent thinking about the past or planning for the future. So we often miss what is happening in the here-and-now. Diminished awareness of the present moment severely limits our ability to live to the fullest. Mindfulness is about living consciously rather than living on autopilot. Learn mindfulness and enhance your life at home and at work.
· Level 1: You will learn mindfulness techniques with a step by step easy to follow processes as well as learn the basic mindfulness concepts and principles. (No previous knowledge of mindfulness is required.)
· Level 2: Require Mindfulness Level 1 or equivalent practice experience.
· Level 3: Require Mindfulness Level 2 or equivalent practice experience.
· Level 4: Require Mindfulness Level 3 or equivalent practice experience.
Stress Reduction with Mindfulness
Learn simple stress reduction techniques that are clinically shown effective in reducing stress. Also learn how to deal with the ordinary and extraordinary challenges of life with balance and peace of mind.
You are invited to leave the often-frenetic, stresses and worries of your life behind and join one day mindfulness retreat. The mindfulness retreat provides an uninterrupted opportunity to practice mindfulness for a day long period. Also this retreat provides a friendly social opportunity to meet other practitioners to share and learn. Have a day of mindfulness to learn how to identify and stop automatic mental activities and to discover and experience richness of present moment as well as to learn and practice the art of the mindful living. Bring your lunch for mindful eating practice. All levels of experience including beginners are welcome.
Practice mindfulness to calm your busy and anxious minds and free yourself from discursive thoughts, mental chatter, impulsivity, stress, anxiety and worries. Practicing mindfulness can enhance your life at home and at work. We will practice mindfulness of breathing as well as other mindfulness techniques that you can use in your daily activities. Since it is often challenging for beginners to practice mindfulness alone, it is very helpful to meet other practitioners and practice mindfulness with others. You will benefit from the support of a community of practitioners and an experienced teacher. Both beginners and experience practitioners are welcome. Instructions are provided to newcomers.
Our lives are mostly spent thinking about the past or planning for the future. So we often miss what is happening in the here-and-now. Diminished awareness of the present moment severely limits our ability to live to the fullest. Mindfulness is about living consciously rather than living on autopilot. This class introduces basics of mindfulness.
We are often absent during our walk, lost in thoughts about the past and future rather than attentive to our walking in the present moment. You will learn how to practice mindfulness while walking and bring your mind back to the present moment. You will learn and practice various mindful walking techniques. The mindfulness practice allows you to discover and experience richness of present moment. So that you enjoy more of your walk. No previous knowledge of mindfulness is required.
Do you eat to fight boredom, stress, loneliness or negative mood? Do you eat without knowing the taste? Mindful eating provides an opportunity to develop a healthy eating habit for care of the body and mind. In this casual mindful eating class, you will learn how to eat food mindfully. The mindfulness practice allows you to discover and experience richness of present moment and the pleasure of eating. Bring your own food.
Recommended Classes for Beginners
· Mindfulness Level 1
· Stress Reduction with Mindfulness
Recommended Classes for Intermediate
· Mindfulness Level 2
· Mindfulness Level 3
· Mindfulness Practice
Recommended Classes for Advanced
· Mindfulness Level 4
· Mindfulness Practice